Dr. Rick Kingston, president of regulatory and scientific affairs at SafetyCall International, PLLC, will be presenting a lecture on Adverse Event Management at the SOCAP Annual Conference.
“Managing Adverse Events – Navigating a new field of landmines for an old issue.”
Monday, October 17, 2011
Managing adverse events (AE) is becoming much more complicated with new government initiatives to increase consumer sharing and awareness of product-related AE and injuries. In this new environment, how Consumer Affairs professionals manage AEs can set in motion a cascade of events that can lead to either successful mitigation or escalation to litigation.
For this advanced session, you will learn about:
- New and existing AE databases used and accessed by consumers to support claims of injury including the new CPSC and Health Canada AE databases
- New Supreme Court rulings regarding company executives sharing product AE’s with stockholders and other company stakeholders
- Best practices for managing and benchmarking AE’s and avoiding million dollar fines
- Real life examples of consumer AE management nightmares and successes
- Preparing for the next “media” or “regulatory” audit of your adverse event experience
Bring your AE questions and challenges to a special Q&A session following the presentation.