SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI) is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management, regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service and consulting services.
Benefits of Employment
Our employees enjoy many benefits including:
States We Work In
Our employees work in multiple states throughout the country! Want to know if we’re hiring in your state? See the list below:
Work from Home Requirements
Do you want to work with us from the comfort of your home? Here’s what you’ll need:
- High Speed Internet (not WiFi)
- Landline phone (with a head set)
- Computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro Edition Operating System
- Must have Windows 10 Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desktop & Laptops can be used, but must be able to connect up to 3 monitors
- No Apple computers
- Surge Protection
Remote candidates may be asked to provide specific information about their IT equipment and internet provider. More information about our IT requirements are provided during the interview process.
In addition to the IT requirements listed above, candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Thanks for your interest in employment with SCI/PPH! Our current openings are listed below.
Don’t see a position you’re interested in? We have an ongoing recruitment process and would encourage interested candidates to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com for future opportunities. Applicants who submit their information will be kept on file and considered for future roles.
Curious about what it’s like to work for SCI? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions!
-The HR Team
Veterinary Information Specialist – Part Time
Are you looking to gain experience in an interesting, new field? Pet Poison Helpline (PPH)/SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI) may have just what you’re looking for! PPH/SCI is looking to add a part-time (2-3 weekends/month) Veterinary Information Specialist in our office in Bloomington, MN or remote from home if outside of the Twin Cities area.
These positions are in a call center/office environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the positions, many pet owners and veterinary staff are calling under emergency or perceived emergency circumstances and are therefore in distress. Staff must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
Veterinary Information Specialist Description
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall’s industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the well-being of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting on the industry side.
Part Time, weekend shifts. Positions will work 2-3 weekends (Saturday and Sunday) shifts per month and holidays that fall on scheduled weekends. Shifts are 8 ½ hours and will include mid, evening and late evening shifts between the hours of 10am-12pm CST. While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7. Overnights are not required. There is an extensive training program for this position. It will consist of 3-4 weeks remote training at 24hrs/week (with some flexibility with scheduling). There is also a requirement of 2 weeks, full time (40 hours/week) that will take place in our office in Bloomington, MN. Candidates outside of the Twin Cities will have hotel and travel expenses reimbursed if applicable.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Active CVT/LVT/RVT license
- 1+years of work experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital
- At least one year of emergency/critical care experience preferred
- Ability to work varying shift times and varying days, including weekends as specified above.
- Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
- Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed and a PC computer (no Apple computers) with Windows 10 and the capability to display two monitors. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter or introductory email to email@example.com. Introductions should include which position is of interest, your availability and any scheduling restrictions, and why you are a good fit for the remote position if applicable. Submissions without a cover letter or introductory email that includes the requested information will not be considered. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Paid time off
- Medical and Dental insurance with employer contributions
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
Fun Facts about Working at SafetyCall
Annual seasonal social and team-building events include:
- Summer lawn bowling tournament and gathering at Brits Pub
- Annual holiday celebration each January
- Employee recognition awards (including years of service and SafetyCall’s kudos program)
- Wine education seminars and tastings
- Employee appreciation program includes meals catered in monthly
- Birthdays celebrated monthly
- Veterinary staff offers complimentary continuing education sessions for credit to veterinarians and certified veterinary technicians in the Twin Cities area as well as other states
- Complimentary continuing education seminars are also available for pharmacists, EMTs and paramedics