Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We do this by reassuring and providing quality care for our clients, their customers, animals and pets by delivering immediate, 24/7 access to clear and trusted health, safety and medical information, and by enhancing and promoting product safety.
SafetyCall International is an independent Professional Limited Liability Company (PLLC), owned and operated by licensed professionals who provide services directly to industry clients.
While solely improving service offerings to meet a variety of client needs within diverse industries, SafetyCall maintains a debt-free status without the aid of investor and shareholder influence.
SafetyCall® operates a 24/7 adverse event call center. Our practitioners are the national leaders in product safety and clinical toxicology and are recognized throughout the country for their knowledge and experience. We have professionally authored over 100 product safety position papers and technical reports, published numerous articles and methodical abstracts in leading specialized journals, contributed a variety of book chapters, and given hundreds of scientific presentations in leading qualified venues.
Our expertise has been recognized and sought by certified groups and major regulatory bodies such as the FDA, EPA, and CPSC for issues related to product safety. Senior SafetyCall staff are invited to participate as experts in the field of Adverse Event Management and Regulatory Compliance at several industry conferences.
SafetyCall’s staff of health care providers is available 24/7. Services include: emergency assessment, treatment advice followed by comprehensive documentation of events surrounding any unintended product exposure, timely and complete adverse event regulatory reports involving EPA registered products, drugs regulated by the FDA, or products regulated under TSCA. Cases are documented in a proprietary software database system.
SafetyCall also operates the Pet Poison Helpline, a 24/7 international animal poison control service for veterinarians and pet owners who believe they have a potentially poisoned pet. SafetyCall International and Pet Poison Helpline are located in Bloomington, MN.
The Benefits of Working with SafetyCall
- We offer the standard of care in the industry and are leaders in setting the standard of care.
- We are fully licensed and insured to provide exactly what our clients need…..without restriction.
- We are proud to be the world’s largest independent Adverse Event Management Center for both humans and animals with over 30 years of experience.
- Our expertise has been sought by nearly every regulatory body engaged in the service sectors we cover.
- We do whatever we can to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Our goal remains to provide the highest quality of service for our clients and their customers.
- SafetyCall partners with Netgain Technologies, a SOC2 certified IT partner specializing in data systems management for healthcare practices across the U.S.
Over 2,500,000 Cases Managed
SafetyCall professionals are nationally recognized experts in the collection and interpretation of spontaneously reported incident data presented directly to the manufacturer. By providing innovative, high-value services to industry and government, the professional staff of SafetyCall have been actively enhancing product safety for over 30 years. During this time, our staff has managed over two million product incident cases, positively impacting the safety of products worldwide.
Enduring Core Values
- We care for our clients.
- We care for each other and make each other better.
- We care for our callers (our client’s customers.)
- We discover and share knowledge through teaching, continuing education, and dissemination of information through multiple portals.
- We develop creative thought leaders committed to acting and delivering on their responsibilities.
- We persevere and work hard to succeed in a competitive society.
Values and Principles
- We treat each other with dignity, fairness, kindness and politeness.
- We will communicate with each other, our clients, and our callers with respect.
- We exercise open communication and keep our coworkers informed of pertinent information.
- We are respectful of one another’s time.
- We recognize and celebrate the value in ourselves and others.
- We listen to what others have to say and encourage frank and open dialogue.
- We are respectful of the company’s resources and we do not waste.
- We are respectful of our indoor and outdoor environments and encourage recycling.
- We maintain high standards of social, ethical and organizational performance in all job-related activities.
- We never compromise our standards or principles.
- We are honest and fair at all times.
- We always act in the best interest of the team and organization rather than acting primarily to advance our own personal agenda.
- We match our behaviors to our words and take responsibility for our actions.
- We earn our clients and each others’ trust and do the right thing at all times, even when no one is watching.
- We have the courage to speak up when our point of view is at odds with a manager’s perspective.
- We are transparent and open and communicate what we are thinking or feeling, even when it is uncomfortable or unpopular.
- We keep our word, follow through on promises, and deliver on time.
- We show care and concern for those in a crisis by being considerate, patient, sympathetic and professional.
- We are conscious of our callers’ anxiety and distress and will use our knowledge and skills to comfort and reassure.
- We are empathetic and understanding of our clients, callers and coworkers.
- We are prepared and deliver what we promise.
- We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- We assume ownership of all assigned responsibilities and strive for excellence.
- We are results oriented. We ask for assistance and communicate appropriately when we cannot meet our commitments.
- We take responsibility for our mistakes, learn from them, and apply the lessons learned to future actions or decisions.
- We encourage a strong work ethic based on the cooperative efforts of the whole and expect a high level of performance.
- We collaborate with each other and empower one another while working cooperatively to achieve our goals and fulfill our mission.
- We will not focus on who gets the credit but we will also celebrate individual accomplishments and make an effort to acknowledge others’ efforts and good work.
- We encourage solicitation of feedback from others as well as constant communication.
- We embrace diversity in thought, ideas, and people.
- We learn from each other and share our knowledge and expertise.
- We approach our work with a positive attitude and high energy.
- We will be accurate and use facts, not assumptions.
- We are mindful of our clients’, SafetyCall’s, and the callers’ confidential information and protect it fully.
- We use a proactive approach to remedy conflict or stressful situations.
- We are readily accessible to our clients and to each other—our doors are always open.
- We are hospitable towards our guests.
- We speak up if we disagree but we are also able to accept decisions that are made.
- We respond to client requests immediately.
- We approach our work with humility and with awareness both of what we do not know and that which we do know, making each other and our clients better in the process.
- Our loyalty is not only to each other, but to the good of the entire company.
- We support the company and stand up for our coworkers.
- We avoid conflicting interests and make all professional decisions based on merit, not for personal interests or personal gain.
Awards & Recognition
SafetyCall International/Pet Poison Helpline has been named a Top Workplace in Minnesota for six consecutive years.
The Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces recognizes the most progressive companies in Minnesota based on employee opinions about company leadership, communications, career opportunities, workplace environment, managerial skills, pay and benefits. Produced by the same team that compiles Star Tribune’s Top 100 report of best performing Minnesota public companies, the Top Workplaces was based on responses from nearly 58,600 employees at 2,000 Minnesota public, private and nonprofit organizations.
“Our employees are the foundation of our success and this award is a reflection of their commitment and professionalism,” said Leo Sioris, CEO of SafetyCall® and Pet Poison Helpline. “We are thrilled to receive this honor for the fourth year running, which acknowledges our commitment to continuously improving our employees’ work environment and experience.”
Alliance for Consumer Education
The Alliance for Consumer Education (ACE) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was founded in 2000 by the Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA), the premier trade association representing the interests of companies engaged in the manufacture, formulation, distribution, and sale of consumer products. CSPA helps household and institutional customers create cleaner and healthier environments. www.consumered.org
American Association of Poison Control Centers
The American Association of Poison Control Centers supports the nation’s 55 poison centers in their efforts to prevent and treat poison exposures. www.aapcc.org
American Botanical Council
The American Botanical Council is an independent, nonprofit research and education organization dedicated to providing accurate and reliable information for consumers, healthcare practitioners, researchers, educators, industry and the media. abc.herbalgram.org
Consultants Association for the Natural Products Industry
CANI offers specialized professional services to help manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and non-profit organizations thrive in the nutraceutical marketplace. cani-consultants.org
Consumer Specialty Products Association
The Consumer Specialty Products Association (CSPA) is the premier trade association representing the interests of companies engaged in the manufacture, formulation, distribution and sale of more than $100 billion annually in the U.S. of familiar consumer products that help household and institutional customers create cleaner and healthier environments. www.cspa.org
Council for Responsible Nutrition
The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), founded in 1973 and based in Washington, D.C., is the leading trade association representing dietary supplement and functional food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers. www.crnusa.org
International Sanitary Supply Association
ISSA helps its members and their employees make valuable contacts through the industry’s largest cleaning shows. www.issa.com
Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals
The Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business (SOCAP International) represents a thriving global profession of best-in-class customer care experts across all industries. SOCAP is a member-driven organization committed to promoting customer care and customer engagement as a competitive advantage in business. www.socap.org