Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We do this by reassuring and providing quality care for our clients, their customers, animals and pets by delivering immediate, 24/7 access to clear and trusted health, safety and medical information, and by enhancing and promoting product safety.
SafetyCall International is an independent Limited Liability Company (LLC), owned and operated by licensed professionals who provide services directly to industry clients.
While solely improving service offerings to meet a variety of client needs within diverse industries, SafetyCall maintains a debt-free status without the aid of investor and shareholder influence.
SafetyCall® operates a 24/7 adverse event call center. Our practitioners are the national leaders in product safety and clinical toxicology and are recognized throughout the country for their knowledge and experience. We have professionally authored over 100 product safety position papers and technical reports, published numerous articles and methodical abstracts in leading specialized journals, contributed a variety of book chapters, and given hundreds of scientific presentations in leading qualified venues.
Our expertise has been recognized and sought by certified groups and major regulatory bodies such as the FDA, EPA, and CPSC for issues related to product safety. Senior SafetyCall staff are invited to participate as experts in the field of Adverse Event Management and Regulatory Compliance at several industry conferences.
SafetyCall’s staff of health care providers is available 24/7. Services include: emergency assessment, treatment advice followed by comprehensive documentation of events surrounding any unintended product exposure, timely and complete adverse event regulatory reports involving EPA registered products, drugs regulated by the FDA, or products regulated under TSCA. Cases are documented in a proprietary software database system.
SafetyCall also operates the Pet Poison Helpline, a 24/7 international animal poison control service for veterinarians and pet owners who believe they have a potentially poisoned pet. SafetyCall International and Pet Poison Helpline are located in Bloomington, MN.
The Benefits of Working with SafetyCall
- We offer the standard of care in the industry and are leaders in setting the standard of care.
- We are fully licensed and insured to provide exactly what our clients need…..without restriction.
- We are proud to be the world’s largest independent Adverse Event Management Center for both humans and animals with over 30 years of experience.
- Our expertise has been sought by nearly every regulatory body engaged in the service sectors we cover.
- We do whatever we can to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Our goal remains to provide the highest quality of service for our clients and their customers.
- SafetyCall partners with Netgain Technologies, a SOC2 certified IT partner specializing in data systems management for healthcare practices across the U.S.
Over 3,000,000 Cases Managed
SafetyCall professionals are nationally recognized experts in the collection and interpretation of spontaneously reported incident data presented directly to the manufacturer. By providing innovative, high-value services to industry and government, the professional staff of SafetyCall have been actively enhancing product safety for over 30 years. During this time, our staff has managed over three million product incident cases, positively impacting the safety of products worldwide.
Enduring Core Values
- We care for our clients.
- We care for each other and make each other better.
- We care for our callers (our client’s customers.)
- We creatively find innovative solutions for our clients and anticipate their needs. With an entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless discipline, we strive to execute with perfection and on time delivery.
- We pursue excellence and seek to lead and be the best in all that we do well.
- We persevere and work hard to succeed in a competitive society.
- We act and behave independently as a cohesive company and fervently protect our reputations.
Values and Principles
- We maintain high standards of social, ethical and organizational performance in all job-related activities.
- We never compromise our standards or principles.
- We are honest and fair at all times.
- We always act in the best interest of the team and organization rather than acting primarily to advance our own personal agenda.
- We match our behaviors to our words and take responsibility for our actions.
- We earn our clients and each others’ trust and do the right thing at all times, even when no one is watching.
- We have the courage to speak up when our point of view is at odds with a manager’s perspective.
- We are transparent and open and communicate what we are thinking or feeling, even when it is uncomfortable or unpopular.
- We keep our word, follow through on promises, and deliver on time.
- We show care and concern for those in a crisis by being considerate, patient, sympathetic and professional.
- We are conscious of our callers’ anxiety and distress and will use our knowledge and skills to comfort and reassure.
- We are empathetic and understanding of our clients, callers and coworkers.
- We are prepared and deliver what we promise.
- We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- We assume ownership of all assigned responsibilities and strive for excellence.
- We are results oriented. We ask for assistance and communicate appropriately when we cannot meet our commitments.
- We take responsibility for our mistakes, learn from them, and apply the lessons learned to future actions or decisions.
- We encourage a strong work ethic based on the cooperative efforts of the whole and expect a high level of performance.
- We collaborate with each other and empower one another while working cooperatively to achieve our goals and fulfill our mission.
- We will not focus on who gets the credit but we will also celebrate individual accomplishments and make an effort to acknowledge others’ efforts and good work.
- We encourage solicitation of feedback from others as well as constant communication.
- We embrace diversity in thought, ideas, and people.
- We learn from each other and share our knowledge and expertise.
- We approach our work with a positive attitude and high energy.
- We will be accurate and use facts, not assumptions.
- We are mindful of our clients’, SafetyCall’s, and the callers’ confidential information and protect it fully.
- We use a proactive approach to remedy conflict or stressful situations.
- We are readily accessible to our clients and to each other—our doors are always open.
- We are hospitable towards our guests.
- We speak up if we disagree but we are also able to accept decisions that are made.
- We respond to client requests immediately.
- We approach our work with humility and with awareness both of what we do not know and that which we do know, making each other and our clients better in the process.
- Our loyalty is not only to each other, but to the good of the entire company.
- We support the company and stand up for our coworkers.
- We avoid conflicting interests and make all professional decisions based on merit, not for personal interests or personal gain.
Awards & Recognition
SafetyCall International/Pet Poison Helpline has been named a Top Workplace in Minnesota for ten years.
The evaluation for the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces program is based upon feedback from an employee survey regarding company leadership, communications, career opportunities, workplace environment, managerial skills, pay and benefits. Over 2,000 organizations were invited to participate in the survey, and over 140,000 employees shared their views. We are honored to be included in the list of Top Workplaces.
“Our employees are the foundation of our success and this award is a reflection of their commitment and professionalism,” said Leo Sioris, CEO of SafetyCall® and Pet Poison Helpline. “We are thrilled to receive this honor for the ninth year, which acknowledges our commitment to continuously improving our employees’ work environment and experience.”
Professional Affiliations and Certifications
American Botanical Council
The American Botanical Council is an independent, nonprofit research and education organization dedicated to providing accurate and reliable information for consumers, healthcare practitioners, researchers, educators, industry and the media. abc.herbalgram.org
American Association of Poison Control Centers
The American Association of Poison Control Centers is a national non-profit organization supporting the nation’s 55 poison centers in their efforts to prevent and treat poison exposures. AAPCC strives to actively advance the health care role and public health mission of its members through information, advocacy, education, and research. www.aapcc.org
American Herbal Products Association
The American Herbal Products Association is a national trade association and voice in the herbal products industry. AHPA has over 350 member companies of foreign and domestic origins that are growers, processors, manufacturers and marketers of herbs and herbal products that are used as foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics and non-prescription drugs. The AHPA’ s mission is to promote the responsible commerce of herbal products to ensure that consumers continue to enjoy informed access to a wide variety of herbal goods. www.ahpa.org
American Society for Quality
The American Society for Quality is a global knowledge network that makesquality a global priority, an organizational imperative, and a personal ethic. ASQ is the community for everyone who seeks quality concepts, technology, or tools to improve themselves and their world. ASQ offers memberships, training and learning tools, networking opportunities and certifications to individuals, organizations and institutions in more than 130 countries. www.asq.org
The National Animal Supplement Council is a nonprofit trade organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the health of companion animals and horses throughout the US. The mission of the NASC is to promote the health and well-being of non-human food chain animals that are given animal health supplements, by establishing federal and state regulations that are fair, reasonable, responsible and nationally consistent. www.nasc.cc
Personal Care Products Council
The Personal Care Products Council is the leading national trade association that represents the global cosmetics and personal care products industry. The PCPC is committed to safety, quality and innovation of cosmetics and personal care products and serves as the voice on scientific, legal, regulatory, legislative and international issues in the industry. www.personalcarecouncil.org
United Natural Products Alliance
The United Natural Products Alliance is an international association representing more than 100 best-in-class natural products, dietary supplements, functional food, and scientific technology and related services companies who share a commitment to providing consumers with natural health products of a superior quality, benefit and reliability. UNPA is known and respected for its unparalleled expertise in national and international regulatory and legislative issues. www.unpa.com
Animal Health Institute
The Animal Health Institute represents the companies that develop and produce animal medicines. AHI helps develop and produce three types of animal medicines which include biologics, pharmaceuticals and flea and tick medications for an industry that aims to keep all animals healthy while also producing results with economic and social benefits for Americans. www.ahi.org
Canadian Health Food Association
The Canadian Health Food Association is Canada’s largest trade association dedicated to natural health and organic products. CHFA promotes and protects the natural health product industry and the organic product industry and its members include manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, distributors and importers of natural health and organic products. www.chfa.ca
Consumer Healthcare Products Association
The Consumer Healthcare Products Association is a national trade association that represents the leading manufacturers and marketers of over -the-counter (OTC) medicines and dietary supplements. CHPA is committed to empowering consumer self-care by preserving and expanding choice and availability of consumer healthcare products. www.chpa.org
Council for Responsible Nutrition
The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), founded in 1973 and based in Washington, D.C., is the leading trade association representing dietary supplement and functional food manufacturers and ingredient suppliers. www.crnusa.org
Household and Commercial Products Association
The Household and Commercial Products Association is a trade association that represents household and commercial products that are used in consumer homes and businesses. The HCPA also offers workshops, seminars and scientific resources for its members. www.thehcpa.org
Natural Products Association
The Natural Products Association is the leading trade association for dietary supplements, natural sports and health nutrition, medical and functional foods, probiotics and natural personal/home care products. NPA was founded in 1936, making it the nation’s largest and oldest nonprofit organization dedicated to the natural products industry. NPA strives to achieve a broader and more accessible marketplace for natural products that will improve the quality of life for consumers worldwide. www.npanational.org
Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society
The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society is the largest global organization of and for those involved with the regulation of healthcare and related products, including medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics and nutritional products. RAPS offers education and training, publications, research, networking and career development opportunities as well as the Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC), which is the only post-academic professional credential to recognize regulatory excellence. www.raps.org
The Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business (SOCAP International) represents a thriving global profession of best-in-class customer care experts across all industries. SOCAP is a member-driven organization committed to promoting customer care and customer engagement as a competitive advantage in business. www.socap.org