SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI) is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management, regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service and consulting services.
Benefits of Employment
Our employees enjoy many benefits including:
States We Work In
Our employees work in multiple states throughout the country! Want to know if we’re hiring in your state? See the list below:
Work from Home Requirements
Do you want to work with us from the comfort of your home? Here’s what you’ll need:
- High Speed Internet (not WiFi)
- Landline phone (with a head set)
- Computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro Edition Operating System
- Must have Windows 10 Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desktop & Laptops can be used, but must be able to connect up to 3 monitors
- No Apple computers
- Surge Protection
Remote candidates may be asked to provide specific information about their IT equipment and internet provider. More information about our IT requirements are provided during the interview process.
In addition to the IT requirements listed above, candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Thanks for your interest in employment with SCI! Please see our open positions below. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review all applications and will schedule interviews with those who most closely match our needs.
Don’t see a position you are interested in? You can still apply! We are always accepting LPN (License Practical Nurse) and Customer Service applicants for future hiring needs.
-The HR Team
Remote Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Assistant (no certification required!)
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICANTS FOR FUTURE NEEDS!
The Veterinary Technician/Assistant position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone regarding potential adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various animal health products manufactured by an animal health client of SafetyCall. Veterinary Technicians/Assistants provide answers to general inquiries on routine product use, such as clarification and information slated on product labels or inserts, and document lack of efficacy cases, product complaints, customer service and other inquiry cases. The position takes full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Technicians/Assistants must accurately document each case in an electronic record to facilitate adverse event reporting and to ensure the well-being of the animals.
This position is in a call center environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under stressful circumstances and are therefore in distress. Technicians/Assistants must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
During the slower season, December-February, this position will be trained on additional duties that may be administrative or phone related.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Normal hours are M-F, varying 8 ½ hour shifts between 7AM-7PM CST. April-October, very limited paid time off (PTO) use is permitted due to the work load.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. 3+ years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant in a veterinary clinic/hospital OR at least 6 months experience working as a CVT/RVT/LVT with an active certification.
2. Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
4. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
5. Customer service focused attitude and behavior
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
7. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
8. Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
9. Ability to work a varying schedule between the hours of 7am-7pm CST.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Paid time off
- Medical and Dental insurance with employer contributions
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
Fun Facts about Working at SafetyCall
Annual seasonal social and team-building events include:
- Summer lawn bowling tournament and gathering at Brits Pub
- Annual holiday celebration each January
- Employee recognition awards (including years of service and SafetyCall’s kudos program)
- Wine education seminars and tastings
- Employee appreciation program includes meals catered in monthly
- Birthdays celebrated monthly
- Veterinary staff offers complimentary continuing education sessions for credit to veterinarians and certified veterinary technicians in the Twin Cities area as well as other states
- Complimentary continuing education seminars are also available for pharmacists, EMTs and paramedics