SafetyCall International, PLLC (SCI) is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management, regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service and consulting services.
Benefits of Employment with SCI
Our employees enjoy many benefits including:
States We Work In
Our employees work in multiple states throughout the country! Want to know if we’re hiring in your state? See the list below:
Work from Home Requirements
Do you want to work with us from the comfort of your home? Here’s what you’ll need:
- High Speed Internet (not WiFi)
- Landline phone (with a head set)
- Computer with Windows 10 Home or Pro Edition Operating System
- Must have Windows 10 Microsoft Word & Excel
- Desktop & Laptops can be used, but must be able to connect up to 3 monitors
- No Apple computers
- Surge Protection
Remote candidates may be asked to provide specific information about their IT equipment and internet provider. More information about our IT requirements are provided during the interview process.
In addition to the IT requirements listed above, candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Thanks for your interest in employment with SCI! Please see our open positions below. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We review all applications and will schedule interviews with those who most closely match our needs.
-The HR Team
LPN Health Information Specialist
The LPN, Health Information Specialist position is responsible for managing and documenting adverse events, lack of efficacy cases and product safety/product use inquiries via telephone and email reported by consumers and health care professionals related to various dietary supplements, over the counter and prescription drugs and other consumer products. This position also manages exposure cases for household and industrial products/chemicals. Health Information Specialists triage cases, provide health, safety and technical product information to consumers and health care professionals and escalate cases to trained medical professionals as needed.
Health Information Specialists document cases received via phone and email into SafetyCall’s electronic databases to facilitate adverse event reporting to regulatory organizations such as the EPA and FDA on behalf of our clients. Health Information Specialists may also follow-up on reported cases via phone and/or email to ensure the wellbeing of the consumer and gather additional information regarding cases such as recovery/health status or additional product information. SafetyCall offers possible growth opportunities for Health Information Specialists and the opportunity to get involved in various company committees along with case presentation opportunities.
This position is in a professional office setting or remote from home.
Schedule: This is a mainly evening shift position. Shifts are 8 1/2 hours between the hours of 2PM-12:30AM CST with occasional earlier mid shifts (11AM-7:30PM, 12PM-8:30PM CST). The work days will vary and will include weekends (typically 2 per month, both Saturdays and Sundays) and some holidays. Overnights are not required. Because of weekend scheduling, staff will work more than 5 consecutive shifts in a row during weeks they work a weekend. While we may be able to work with some minor scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred as we operate 24/7.Scheduling is done several weeks in advance. Please note that the first 4-6 weeks will be mainly daytime hours for training.
No Background/experience in the regulatory, toxicology or pharmaceutical field is required. We offer an extensive and ongoing training program.
CVT, Industry Representative (Full Time)
The Industry Representative position works for SafetyCall International, PLLC, parent company of Pet Poison Helpline. This position is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone regarding potential adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various animal health products manufactured by an animal health client of SafetyCall. Industry Representatives provide answers to general inquiries on routine product use, such as clarification and information slated on product labels or inserts, and document lack of efficacy cases, product complaints, customer service and other inquiry cases. This position may also respond to and process product refund requests. Industry Representatives take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Industry Representatives must accurately document each case in an electronic record to facilitate adverse event reporting and to ensure the well-being of the animals. Industry Representatives also handle minor human exposures to animal health products.
This position is in a call center environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under emergency circumstances and are therefore in distress. Industry Representatives must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
During the slower season, November-March, this position will be trained to manage other types of calls and/or additional administrative or phone related tasks.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Normal hours are M-F, varying 8 ½ hour shifts between 8AM-5PM CST. April-October, very limited vacation use is permitted due to the work load.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. CVT/LVT/RVT Certification. Candidates must have an active Minnesota CVT License or be eligible to obtain it upon hire. (To be eligible for Minnesota certification, candidates must have graduated from AVMA accredited program and passed the national VTNE exam.)
2. 6 months of work experience as a certified/licensed technician in a veterinary clinic/hospital
3. Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
5. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
6. Customer service focused attitude and behavior
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
8. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
9. Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Paid time off
- Medical and Dental insurance with employer contributions
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
Fun Facts about Working at SafetyCall
Annual seasonal social and team-building events include:
- Summer lawn bowling tournament and gathering at Brits Pub
- Annual holiday celebration each January
- Employee recognition awards (including years of service and SafetyCall’s kudos program)
- Wine education seminars and tastings
- Employee appreciation program includes meals catered in monthly
- Birthdays celebrated monthly
- Veterinary staff offers complimentary continuing education sessions for credit to veterinarians and certified veterinary technicians in the Twin Cities area as well as other states
- Complimentary continuing education seminars are also available for pharmacists, EMTs and paramedics